Sunday, April 01, 2007

My mom wanted me to clear up it's my weh halah buh jee (my mom's father) that I'm trying to spread the Gospel to...she said it wouldn't make sense to some readers since I said I was a 4th generation Christian (from my dad's side) and that my grandfather wasn't saved yet...

Oh, and I got a wonderful card from sister Yang One from the Academy Navigators and KAMA! Thank you! And Ron gave me a book = )

Because I was already late for my lunch meeting with Wang Bong, I forgot to mention that Yang One (Dr. SB Lees wife) also gave me a large card signed by my friends in Navigators and KAMA. Thank you so much for the prayers and kind words = ) I especially liked the verse references in the messages: Ps 37:4 about our hearts desires, Ephesians 6:19-20 about boldness in witnessing, and Romans 8:31 about if God is for us, who can be against us? Thank you so much!!!


The book is at the top (well, left = P ) The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning. I read to page 30 and am really enjoying the book so far, but I have 8 books I am attempting to read, but its not going so well Im only going to focus on one at a time just finished reading Dr. Lees book = ). I promised him it would be the first book I read completely in Koreannow reading ooh lee dl eh heng bok han shee gan (Our Happy Time togetheror something like thatone of the books Wang Bong gave me to read) I think I also forgot to mention I received a book from Wana as a gift also. The Heavenly Man by Paul Hattaway. I read to page 94 so far and man, its hard to believe that this book is true!!! Whats even cooler is that the book takes place in Wang Bongs home town! Yeah, so Im going to give it to him (Wana, if thats okay with you = ) so he can also study English with it. But yeah, so Im going to stop reading all the books little by little and just read 1 at a time so I can get more out of the books. Wang Bong actually suggested this to me and it seems like a good idea = )





Thank you for the prayers for our Freshmen gathering!
We had about 20 people come = )
**Continue to pray that we can reach out to them and if they are FAT (faithful, available, teachable) that we can help them get to know Jesus better...2 Tim 2:2

Preparing for the frosh gathering!


Prayer meeting for the frosh gathering
Shared our thoughts

Decorating...

Done preparing = )


Let the "magic" begin = ) the Freshmen Gathering!


I was one of the helpers for the food, again = P All I really do is go to the market with them and carry the bags = P The sisters did the majority of the cooking because their AWESOME, even though the brothers are good cooks to, we did the moving and rearranging of everything.

Eating and talking and being mesmerized by the magic tricks = P
Wang Bong getting his welcoming present...brought him to tears ^^ It wasn't just that, but the atmosphere and how everybody was so nice and such...= )
Dong Sung doing his magic while we were eating

The praise team

picking which team goes first...my "helper" brother, Hyung Un (purple) and Soo Yun (teal) were the MC's


pictionary type game



More gaming

The director and his wife sitting...mother of the kid in red

gah wee, bah wee, boh! (scissor, rock, paper = P )

Testimony
Special song...



I also had the opportunity to go see the Korean National team play vs Uruguay at Seoul's World Cup Stadium = )
The atmosphere, as expected, was AWESOME! Too bad Korea lost 2 to 0, but that's beside the point = P At least Uruguay played well = P



Brother Myung-Gun and me at the stadium = )

It's a nice clean stadium...built for the 2002 world cup

National Anthems...have a good video of it, but it takes a long time to upload = P

Korea doesn't score again...


After the game! CROWDED! After the game the line for the subway was no joke...yeah...
lol...I don't think we look similar, but some people say we do...do we? Met 2 English speakers in the situation who had no idea why so many people were suddenly getting on...explained to them what was going on...said we looked like twins = P I think it's because they aren't used to seeing many Koreans = P

lol, being overtaken by the crowd = P





Saturday English Conversation class is still going well = )


Wang Bong center...the others are other Korean Language program students in the Community Service club...cleaning at a local musuem
sweep, wipe, clean...

Waiting for further instructions = P


Snacking after our hard work = )

**Please pray for Wong Bong as we continue to have fellowship together, still going to church, ENM service, and having Bible study together.
**Also that he can get all of his paper work ready for his grad school application to Korea University and Seoul National

It's nice going to church with him because I'm also learning the same Bible basics he is and it's cool just to relearn how the Bible is factual and why we need to learn from it and why people are skeptical and why, why why = ) I mean, proclaiming to be Christian means we are sinners! We have broken every commandment there is! From envy in our heart to putting other things before God, lying, stealing (if you think about it, if you don't repay somebody what's due them, that's stealing...God created all of the food on this earth...free of charge...we may pay for the labor of human hands, but do we always thank God for our food and repay Him?), adultery (if we think it in our hearts!), murder...if we hate our brother in our hearts...(1 John 3:15), etc...people say, oh, I'm a good moral person...but then when you actually think about it...yeah...God knows our heart! Our lives are being recorded..EVERYTHING! NOT just our actions, but what's in our hearts. Because I'm a sinner, I need a Saviour! Only through Jesus can we attain eternal life = ) Since through Adam we we all are born sinners ( I mean, you have to teach your kids to be good, right? Since they naturally want to do what is bad) through Jesus we are made clean = ) Even Adam and Eve tried to cover their shame with figs and leaves, just like how humans try to justify themselves, but it doesn't work. Repent, and God forgives!
Sorry if that was too preachy...I'll leave it at that...




New Bible study teacher! the Campus director! dul, dul, dul, dul (the Korean sound for when scared = P ) Just to change things up a bit



Far right person is a missionary from Japan. He said I looked like I lost a lot of mass in my upper body = ( Probably true. He saw me in July whenever I visited for a month...I mean, I have lost a lot of mass...12-15 pounds = O It's due to not weight training...losing muscle mass... because I'm definitely eating the same amount
But it was nice hearing how he was busy being a prof in Tokyo yet also able to devote so much of his time to lead others to Christ and also spend time with his family and still workout = O Must develop healthy habits...turns into our character! I pray that what I learned here I can continue to do in the US! Speaking of that, **please pray for my sister Anne as she balances school, work, interning, and taking care of her friends who are visiting from around the US and Germany (and also for the 3 R's: right time, right way, right person)

Shredder? Since he's no longer my Bible Study leader, I guess he turned to the dark side = P He's still my een doh jah (my accountability leader) and team leader. We actually had our man to man meeting last Friday...6:30 pm to 11pm...ate dinner together, sang praise, told him what was on my heart and my concerns and such. My goals for the week, month, rest of the time at ENM, memory verses, the 3 R's, etc. I guess I can go into detail about it, but it'd probably be about 10 pages...I think you guys like pictures more, right? Or do you want to know the juicy stuff? lol I'll leave that up to the reader...comment if you would like to know more about that stuff = )

I will say this...**please pray for my uncle who lives with my grandfather in Busan. I'm in the process of debating if I should go down there like once every two weekends and having fellowship with him, but that would mean missing out on our Apart meeting Friday night, soccer meeting, English class, praise meeting on Saturday...it's just that I want to lead him to Christ, but it's so hard being in a different city from him!!! But keeping Phil. 4:6-7 in mind, I know worrying isn't going to get me anywhere...but prayer will = )

What's going on?Ahh, can't breathe!Hwang San! (Yellow sand from China making the air disgusting!)
Sunday Dinner = )


Brother Wun Chul got a job at Hyundai, so in celebration he bought dinner for the entire campus ENM group = ) It only came to 238,000won...roughly $260...what a deal for 60 people! The service in Korea is excellent, but it's cheap = ) The raw foods are actually more expensive than the USA (since the US has a lot more land for crops), but it's the service in the US that's the killerAll you can eat! Boo deh Jjee geh with tator tots and potato salad and of course kimchi!


We had our evaluation gathering Sunday night as usual, so I went out to buy some fruit...nice doggy at the market = ) it winked at me!


We can't afford to buy fruit all the time (like I said before about the raw products...example: a watermelon is $14) , but brother Yong Jun came (he has one year left of military service) on break, so we celebrated and played games after our eval/planning
The game we played is nook deh (korean for wolf) the game is basically the same as Mafia.
very fun = ) It's funny because it's a very popular church game, but it involves deceit and such, but you can learn a lot from the game...the wolves/mafia try to fool the civilians into thinking they are good people, and the prophet/detective try to figure out who the bad people are without revealing their identity yet many people are confused and lead astray because their are more wolves than detectives...even though the detective is 100% sure about who the bad people are, it's hard to tell who to listen to...

I can't remember if I wrote down everything I wanted...it's hard to tell because I have my own QT's and fellowship and such that I can't remember if I said it at a meeting or if I wrote it down here...but hopefully this blog is fulfilling it's mission:

to encourage and to inform about I'm up to = )

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kind of like reading through 3-4 books at a time so I can chew on stuff presented in one book, read another, etc.

Myung-Gun and you don't look like twins, but you're both cute ;)

Monday, April 02, 2007 10:41:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

haha, I didn't realize you had so many books to read. Well, hopefully you'll get through them all and learn from each of them. And I'd be totally excited for you to pass the book to Wang Bong! It's so cool that some of it took place in his hometown. Anyway in which it can be a blessing is more than alright with me. =)
I never did update on the Bethel thing, but I'll get back to you on that. Oh, and Happy early Easter! He is Risen! What a great time!

Friday, April 06, 2007 3:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home