Thursday, January 11, 2007






Somebody commented that my face looked different...it's probably due to the fact I haven't cut my hair since July...here's a picture of me with my 4th b-day cake at my praise and worship meeting this past Saturday. Sang cut his hair TWICE and his hair is somehow still longer than mine!

And here's a picture of the gang with Dr. SB Lee after he got back from his honeymoon..his last night in Korea before heading back to the States with his wife = )

I will try to post more pics since that's probably what people want to see most...a picture is worth a thousand a words...

We've started reading Transforming Grace, and to be honest, it's taking me a LONG time to read it in Korean...my Bible Study leader said he ordered one for me in English, but it won't arrive for another week or so = O but what I have learned so far is that no matter what I do, I, myself, am not worthy without God's Grace. We need to open our hands so that God can give us more! He's trying to pour his grace upon us, but we want to go our own ways. If we would just discipline ourselves in order to make a bigger "bowl" we can "catch" more of God's grace!



I think this will encourage you! I asked my brothers to pray for me so that I can get a part-time tutoring job so that I can treat others/buy more gifts (so I could be more generous with my money) and I got a phone call from a lady asking for Anne Kim (my sister...I'm using her phone she had while she was in Korea last year for a semester abroad). She wanted a native English speaker as a tutor! So I didn't apply for any job, but I simply prayed and asked for prayer and because my sister had posted her resume online last year with her phone number on it, I got a part time tutoring job! Ahh, the power of prayer = ) It's three hours a week so it doesn't interfere with any of my training, plus, I am able to treat others more = )

I also received some snail mail from my family (Christmas and Birthday), and my sister put down that since I'm human, I would appreciate receiving a tangible greeting vice email/phone...she's right, I did appreciate it! I haven't sent out ANY cards or letters...I'm definitely going to because I now how good snail mail can make people feel...example: Plebe Summer.

Wow, I'm rambling...It's funny because I do the same in my journal...I wrote "I realy need to organize my thoughts better than this..."

So I mentioned I was a personal trainer, but didn't really go into debt. I'm helping one of the brothers here lose 3 kg (6.2 lbs) in two months. I know that sounds easy, but he's pretty big into eating and not so much into moving...so it's kind of hard...If you have any suggestions, please comment or email me, but for now this is what I'm doing (doing it with him so he doesn't get discoraged or make excuses that he's the only one "suffering") We did a juice diet one day...just juice instead of food. We run every morning (well, that's part of living here at ENM anyway, but he would mostly walk) and I push him to run longer, have him also do strength training which he rarely ever did before (pullups, situps, pushups, dips, etc) and other sports such as soccer for fellowship purposes (we have been playing sports anyway...inviting people to play sports with us in order to spread the gospel, exercise, and have fun fellowship together) So it's actually good for me to because I'm eating slower and less, not just stuffing myself like I usually do. I gave him some rules: no eating after 9pm, can only nap if it's 2 hours after finishing a meal, no snacks without my permission, and he has to listen to EVERYTHING I tell him to do...that's the tough one...because he's 3 years older than me and the culture in Korea is like the military...it's like a plebe helping out a firstie...yeah...I gave him some verses to help him (even though he already knew them before hand...he has memorized A LOT more verses than me...)1 Cor 9:27, Proverbs 27:17, Phil 4:13
Here's a funny picture of him
"before" (with my BCG's on lol): sorry it's sideways..
.I can't flip it and post it to blogger for some reason
...the korean picture program doesn't go well with
blogger...

He's the funny man of the group = ) lol He really can make anbody laugh


"After" to be posted in approx. 2 months

Pray that I will be able to keep him accountable and pray that I myself won't fall into temptation:laziness, gluttony...

Oh, and I'm also trying to quit my habit of pulling at my hair! I told my accountability partner to hit me anytime he saw me do it (sound familiar Esther = P )and everytime I think about doing it, I have challenged myself to think of God's grace instead and pray.

Witnessing is going well...we went to Yonsei University yesterday and Korea University today...most were open to the Gospel, got shoed away a couple of times, but to be honest, I'm not ashamed of the Gospel because it's the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes. And as I said before, planting the seed, but for those I see promise in or those who are willing, I meet with and help them grow in Christ. I will be meeting Wang-Bong tomorrow (he loves playing sports with us...still yet to accept Christ, but just as Christ gave us free choice, I don't burden him to believe, I merely show him how I live and how I'm joyful) Last night in our prayer meeting we prayed for different ENM missionaries around the world, and I ask that you particularly pray for the missionaries in China...while our Apart leader was explaining to us the packet of prayer requests he handed out, he told us when/if (when a new one comes out) we threw the packet away, to be sure to rip it up so that the names of the missionaries wouldn't somehow get in the wrong hands in China...yeah...It made me think about getting the secret clearance info on my hull cruise and subtramid...made me feel kind of, I don't know,...important = P

I really want to continue writing because this really helps me to relax and hopefully encourage you, the reader, but I really need to continue with my discipleship 훈련.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

people say cutting hair makes it grow faster. You didn't know that? I don't know the science of it, but yeah. most girls knows this.

hm. I'm not sure if you translated the book you're reading correctly.

...jk. That's great that you're trying to read Transforming grace in Korean. wow. so one week, eh? Which chapter are you on? Maybe we should let you do the whole translation thing yourself, or maybe I can find the book here and scan the first few chapters :P Can you not find it anywhere online? guess this was a last minute choice for a book- do they tend to surprise you like this?

yay for PT jobs! so how do you like it so far?

will be praying...

Friday, January 12, 2007 1:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home