Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Last Supper Korean Style...= P Picture taken at Yonsei University after witnessing today...my friend Wana from Bethel is here for a month and so we took a little tour afterwards...more pictures below!


Isn't that funny how Jesus is Korean = )


Pictures will be dispersed for interest...to keep you reading = P






Pictures will be dispersed for interest...to keep you reading = P

This is a nice time that the Brothers and Sisters can have fellowship with one another playing badmitton. It had snowed/rained a little so we had to move some earth on the court to dry it up...it sounds ghetto, but it's nice because it's on the mountain so the air is nice and fresh...well, as fresh as it can be in Seoul..



In response to the comments/questions:

why wasn't this posted until today? I'm sorry I was a day late...

was the western-style breakfast in honor of you? Actually, since we typically invite lots of people to on Saturday mornings we eat out and pay for those we invite. the brothers who don't like soccer or can't go due to different meetings just have toast and eggs for breakfast since it's a lot easier than cooking a nice Korean meal...

I wanted to buy chicken track/Mexican train, but this is all they have in Korea...yeah...just plastic...Jeffrey actually does have some black and white dominoes (used ones from my family) but that kind with numbers isn't available in Korea...
I will try to take better pictures in the future...

Yeah, she doesn't look to happy with the book...but she just doesn't know how to smile for pictures...no joke...= P she's in that phase...

Yeah, I wouldn't make it in the R.O.K. Army because I have poor eyes AND flat feet...but it would be fine because I could do community service instead...

Thank you for the prayers!




I was in charge of the recreation with Sister May, so I didn't get to play the games, but seeing how happy everybody was playing made it all worth while = ) Played Asah, frying pan no lee, telephone, uhlum ddeng (freeze tag...and literally was freezing!), nuckdeh (wolf game...a lot like mafia), game where you guess the word through 3 actors..pictured is a
Traditional Korean game a lot like "Sorry" it's called Yute Noh Lee. 4 sticks are tossed as dice




**Please Pray for the Navigators back at the Academy: "The Discipleship Connection." 20 midshipmen coming together for the purpose of growing and being equipped as a community of disciplemakers.

And the reason why I even post this blog is to encourage you all...here are my Navigator Director's "key" books of the Bible

Romans,Galatians, Hebrews - Key doctrinal books
I Thess - God's Follow-up Blueprint
I, II Timothy - God's Discipleship Manual
Ephesians - Lifestyle

Also, great website for the Topical Memory System! In Korean and English = )

http://www.mygift.pe.kr/tms/tms.php?action=list&mode=main&code=B1&ver=NIV&titlename=Beginning%20with%20Christ




This is what Brother Hyung-Un and I (I basically just slice and dice some and help clean up = P ) cooked up for Thursday...our day of cooking...does it look good? Because it sure tastes good = ) since all I do is stir, cut, and wash


So Brother Sung Man left...he still comes on Sundays, but that's it...he just needs some time to himself. I can see that he's not very happy though...he tried to brag that he was able to watch a late night soccer game (since we can't watch TV here or stay up late...curfew is 10pm (meeting at that time), must sleep by midnight), but yeah...that was about all he was happy about...Please pray that God will give him a vision. He says he just wants to live a "good Christian life. Why do I have to endure more hardships trying to be a disciple?" He says he doesn't want to live like his team leader...his team leader is married and has a daughter yet he is not able to spend time with them because he fellowship with all of the team members every week, goes to "Key" meetings (meetings for the leaders), goes out and witnesses, on top of being a high school English teacher...Brother Sung-Man doesn't see how that's a happy life. Yet his team leader keeps telling him that he is happy or he wouldn't be living the way he is, but Brother Sung-Man says since it's by God's grace we are saved, why do I have to do so much more work than an "average" Christian. Since it's not by works we are saved, why am I living such a more disciplined life than others? I could write down my views, but the reason why I wrote how he feels is to help you think...what do you think about Christianity? It is purely by God's good grace that he sent Jesus to die for ALL of our sins and if we believe in the Son, we will have eternal life. So what does it mean to believe in the Son?







This was our ENM Campus retreat that we had = ) It was AMAZING!!! I never feel happier or am filled with more joy than whenever I am at a church retreat...there's just something special about it...I'm thinking the Holy Spirit = )



Some of the brothers playing Johk Goo (Soccer tennis) It's really fun! can only use your feet and your head (not knee or chest, etc)



Also, Brother Myung-Gun is temporarily not living at the Apart right now...he is at a seperate Prayer Facility...most likely will be there for 2 or 3 days...but depends on how it goes. He just needs some time to think because he's also in the same situation at Brother Sung-Man. Both have lived at the Apart for 3 or 4 years getting Discipleship training and witnessing, but both have sort of been bogged down with all of the responsibilities that were given to them. Since they have been here quite awhile (for being part of the campus team) they have been voluntold alot instead of just allowing them to volunteer to take responsibilities...like I said, there are a shortage of brothers here at ENM and that makes it harder on them (can't really include me though because I'm pretty much still treated as a guest in terms of organizing things and the responsibilities I do have, I volunteered for)Brother Myung-Gun still is also really worrying about whether he needs to go to serve in the Army first or go straight to Grad School...This is already getting too long, so if you would like to know more, please email me or comment...

**Please pray that God will show them the road they need to go on!



The last day there (even though it was only 2 days = P ) That's brother Myung-Gun along with the Campus Director and his wife ..and the two hooligans behind are brother Joon Young and Sang Yon...and yes, that's a snowflake

While 2 temporarily moved out, one moved in. I'm not longer the youngest! His name is Dong-Sung...it's a funny story how he came to Christ...his parents are Buddhist and still are, but he went to a catholic middle school/high school, so he would mix up going to church some weeks and going to temple, but one day whenever he went to temple with his parents, a Monk there told him he could not longer do that...said he wasn't fit to be Buddhist...weird, eh?...but now he believes in Jesus = ) I'm glad I am able to have somebody younger than me here because I want to be able to treat him just like the other brothers are so caring for me



This past Sunday...Brother Nathan's birthday. The poster he's holding up is VocaVision. One of the members of ENM published an English Book to help Koreans learn English quicker...I helped edit some of it and the recording of his book in English is by yours truly = P It actually comes out today 2/6






Wana with Sister You-Jung in front of a statue of Dr. Horace Grant Underwood...Missionary founder of Yonsei University in 1885




A nice goofy picture of me...they insisted the statues were somehow related to me = P

And this is a statue of an Eagle...below are 4 statues: 2 of people singing praise to God, 1 reading the Word, and 1 spreading the Gospel, and below the Eagle in Hebrew and Korean is Isaiah 40:31...great verse!



I have more pictures and video...but it takes a long time to upload...= P So you should come and visit me in Korea = ) But seriously, if you are reading this and are coming to Korea, contact me!

Learning more and more = )

Praying for you!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, you don't have to disperse pics for interest!

interesting about Sung Man. I have a friend who doesn't believe in the whole discipline thing either.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 4:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home