Friday, February 23, 2007

GREAT NEWS!!!

To be honest, I tried preparing in order to witness to my relatives, but if I'm not in a situation where I'm in a one on one situation with them it's hard to tell them about the Gospel...BUT I got strength from sis's comment about prayer (THANK YOU = ) and I told them exactly what I was doing in Korea. To my aunt in Busan, I was able to tell them EXACTLY what I was here for, and at my grandfather's house, I was able to give my ENM Gospel Pamphlet and explain in to my distant uncle (my grandfather's older brother's grandson) who was sitting right next to my grandfather, so it was indirectly, but still, I feel I planted the seed = ) Now I need to continue to pray and ask for your prayers as well. Also, on my 1 hour metro ride to the bus depot, I was able to witness to my uncle who lives with my grandparents. I told him how I live a happy life and how I find peace and joy in Christ...we had a deep talk...I know for sure I impacted him in a postive way. I told him that he should go to church or to temple with his parents so that they wouldn't be so lonely at home and that he could also meet more people, even possibly a wife. I asked him what motivated him to live and to work hard...he didn't have an answer...just said he was merely existing. I told him that he can live with a purpose in Christ Jesus, and yes, if he's not ready to accept Christ, to continue to research and question and really find out WHY ARE WE HERE and HOW CAN I BE HAPPY, etc. I know that if he really searches the Holy Spirit will reveal Jesus' love to him = )
**So please pray for my relatives that the seed I planted will not wither and wilt, but that it will blossom = )

ALSO GOOD NEWS!!!
Very cool how for my QT I was reading in 1 Corinthians 15 about how my work in the lord would not be in vain, and that night I met with Wang-Bong and he said he wanted to start attending church!!! He said that he had learned so much from me and how I treat him and others and how whenever he plays sports with the other brothers how they are so kind and friendly, etc, so he said he came to the conclusion that maybe people who follow Jesus really do live happily and joyfully. He said he MIGHT be interested in doing a Bible Study with me = ) I will pray about that. I told him to see if he liked church first, and if he did, then little by little bit I could help him to get to know Christ better. I'm hoping I can have Bible Study with him every week. It's amazing because I was praying about this (having somebody I could help lead) because I really wanted to be able to go to the next level of discipleship...I really do want to join the MFT (mission force team = P)
**Please pray for Wang-Bong to continue to grow in Christ = ) I pray that his curiosity as to why the brothers and I live so joyfully will lead him to believe = )
Also pray that his heart will be at ease...the grandmother and cooked at his dorm room passed away Wednesday...it was unexpected due to her slipping on ice and bumping her head...= (

ALSO, ALSO GOOD NEWS!
Sang-Joon and I got readmitted back into the Academy = ) I got a message from Sang yesterday saying he got readmitted, but I wasn't able to check my email until right before this.

"On behalf of Dean Latta, congratulations, the Academic Board has readmitted you to the Brigade of Midshipmen. Letter from Dean Latta to follow."

So I will be going back to the Academy as the class of 2009!

**Please pray for Sang that God will continue to work in his life and that he will know God's will for him.

**Please pray for the KAMA members as they will be undergoing some hard times...just read the email from my friend Dan...but I'm thankful that they have a good attitude about it = ) KAMA meeting 3 times a day...

Also read an email from my roommate Seamus and found out my friends at the Academy are doing well = ) GOD IS GOOD = )

Sang wanted to meet with me today but I did not have time due to the ENM missionaries in China staying here at ENM and preperation for our graduation ceremony tomorrow. I have to memorize this Korean song by tomorrow (I really should be practicing, but I also want to inform you guys = ) !!! Been busy since I got back Wednesday night meeting with Daniel. He first met Christ a year ago from the Qingdao missionary...the "Boss Man" I went to visit in December. I had fellowship with Daniel there, and for the past two days I've been showing him around Seoul and helping translate for him whenever he has fellowship with the other brothers here (he majored in English...I can't speak Chinese = P )
**Please pray that Daniel will continue to grow in the Lord = ) I have 2 more days with him.

We will be leaving in 10 min to go play soccer with the other brothers and Wang-Bong = )

So for my I went to Busan, saw my relatives, saw my uncle in Chung-Jew, he took me on a surprise trip to Jeju Island! It was such a blessing! God has been so GREAT TO ME...not just Jeju, but just everything in general! Great friends both here in Korea and back in the states, loving family and relatives, the opportunity's He's give me...sometimes I feel so ashamed...emotional... because God has blessed me SO MUCH and I don't deserve it, but it's all because of HIS GRACE!!!
**Please pray for my Chung-Jew uncle for his health. He had knee and foot problems climbing up Mt Hallasan, the highest mountain in South Korea. Also, for his situation with his family...his wife committed adultery a couple of years ago and so he moved out and can only occassionally see his kids...even though he did nothing wrong...and that's why he wanted to take me to Jeju with his sons so he could spend time with them and me...

Okay, MUST GO!!! GOD IS GOOD = ) wILL POST PICS WHEN TIME

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sang-tai, reading about all this so great! praise God for all the great things that are happen in and around you!

Friday, February 23, 2007 9:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home