Know that I am praying for you! Yes, YOU, the reader!!!
I've pretty much recovered from my body imbalance/cold like symptoms = ) I definitely feel very good and joyful = )
Photos of the week are at the bottom = )
Please continue to pray for the people we reach out to and for those we are having fellowship with. Wang Bong for me so that I can continue to meet with him, and also for Leo so I can help him to know Christ better.
Please pray for the others here at ENM...some are thinking about taking a break from it because it's pretty tough...The rules can be pretty overwhelming at times...and also, the brothers have to worry about when they should go and serve in the Army...(required 2 years for unrestricted line/2 years and 2months for restricted line:ex.if you have flat feet or bad eyes you get to do some sort of community service instead of going to the DMZ) Just to inform those who don't know the type of schedule here...Mon-Fri wake up at 6 and exercise togther, have QT, quiz eachother on our memory verses, eat breakfast togther, either have fellowship, share our QT, witness, discussion about the current book we're reading (right now it's Transforming Grace by Jerry Bridges. And if you haven't read it, it's AMAZING so far. He's also the author of The Pursuit of Holiness...I think...but anywho, it's another great book I read with my Navs Bible Study group at the Academy), play soccer, basketball, badmitton, ping-pong, three cushion (Korean style pool), etc in order to also meet new people and share the Gospel. And when we do have some free time, we Can't watch movies without permission and we can't view online video sites like youtube and such or videogames online etc...it's so we can focus on disciplining ourselves (like I said before...I feel sort of like a Plebe again = P )But I absolutely LOVE the environment = ) LIke I said before, I would not mind AT ALL if God wanted me to be here longer...we'll see how things go
Besides reading Transforming Grace, I finished reading up on a book I received for my birthday from my director, it's called God's Grace to Nine Generations: it's by James Hudson Taylor III and it's about how the 1st James Hudson Taylor was the first Missionary to China and how his family remained in the Missionary Field and how God took care of them...very short book, easy read.
I'm on page 133 of Dr. SB Lee's book about his life and how he overcame...it's taking me awhile since it's in Korean, but it's very inspiring...if you know Dr. Lee, you definitely know where I'm coming from
I'm also readning The Present by Spencer Johnson...never heard it before, but I got it as a late birthday present from one of the brothers here and it's actually really good. It's about how to enjoy work and life NOW in the present, hence the name.
I was reading Joel Osteen's book about how to live a better life now, but I stopped reading it for various reasons...it seems kind of...but yeah, if you've read the book and thought it beneficial, you can tell me to continue to read it...otherwise, I'll continue to read other books
I'm also brushing up on my Korean and starting to learn some Han Jja, old Korean style Chinese characters (using some old books I got from my younger cousin...he finished these books 2 years ago...age 6 = P...Chinese characters are no joke...he's definitely got his fathers brain)and if I have time, looking at some words in Word Smart so I don't forget all of my English = P.
Our Apart Leader...He's studying for an English exam...if he does well, he doesn't have to serve in the military and he can instead pursue a PHD instead. It's funny because his name is the same as my sister's in Korean = P He's an amazing person...I've said this before, but he attends graduate school and still makes time to lead most all of our gathering and have man to man fellowships...he doesn't sleep much = O

I had the opportunity to see my cousins in Cheonan (an hour away) for lunch and dinner = ) The red book my cousin is holding is what I made for her back in October...yeah, a little late, but she likes it = ) I got my other cousin dominoes...he loves building stuff!


And for her I gave her some yummy snacks...she loves snacks! Whenever I came to Korea in July and saw her with my parents, she only liked my sister Esther, but then I gave her two older siblings fruit by the foot, she all ofa sudden came up to me and said "I like you! Give me [fruit by the foot]" lol I was like that as a kid, too...wait, I'm actually still like that...honestly...food attracts!!!

Up close and personal with our Campus Director at ENM. If I remember correctly, he graduated from Korea University with a masters and had a very good job working with Samsung or some big Korean company, but he quit his job to become the Campus Director at ENM. Some of his friends thought he was nuts, but he knows in his heart he was called to serve. We're sharing our QT lessons before we go out and spread the Gospel.

My project. We're waiting at the subway to go witness at Yonsei University. He's doing okay right now...he shares his testimony tomorrow at the ENM Service (roughly 250-300)He's kind of nervous...and he said he's going to tell everybody how I beat him...lol...it's because I push him to work out harder...and I give him limited portions of food = P But he knows it's for his own good...I stopped doing the diet with him because there was no way...yeah, work out a lot and eat little doesn't work too well for me

What also hasn't worked too well for me was little sleep...I tried not taking naps (our daily schedule time6am to midnight) but I can't function without sleeping in once in a while or taking naps...here's my "helper" brother...please pray for him as he is also having to decide about when to go to the Army...He's definitely an AWESOME "helper" to me. He always helps me if I need it and he even got me an MP3 player for my birthday = ) He helps me to want to be more generous to people like . Why I wanted to get a part time job. I barely work, but I don't know how some of the brothers here have a job and yet still devote as much time as they can to ENM...I honestly don't think I can do it now, but I'm working on it...hopefully I will also be able to bring it back with me to the Academy...and not be TOO BUSY...

I'm working on not being too busy...I just have a passion for many things...I'm doing better about it though = ) I still think I should keep in better contact with some of my friends/family, but part of the reason why I keep this blog is so I can "keep in contact" with them without spending too much time writing emails in my free time.
Oh, I'll be taking by PRT this Monday to send back to the Academy...hopefully I will do okay on it since they'll definitely take that into consideration as they consider my readmittance. I'll inform you how I do next time!
Live by love = )
Praying
I've pretty much recovered from my body imbalance/cold like symptoms = ) I definitely feel very good and joyful = )
Photos of the week are at the bottom = )
Please continue to pray for the people we reach out to and for those we are having fellowship with. Wang Bong for me so that I can continue to meet with him, and also for Leo so I can help him to know Christ better.
Please pray for the others here at ENM...some are thinking about taking a break from it because it's pretty tough...The rules can be pretty overwhelming at times...and also, the brothers have to worry about when they should go and serve in the Army...(required 2 years for unrestricted line/2 years and 2months for restricted line:ex.if you have flat feet or bad eyes you get to do some sort of community service instead of going to the DMZ) Just to inform those who don't know the type of schedule here...Mon-Fri wake up at 6 and exercise togther, have QT, quiz eachother on our memory verses, eat breakfast togther, either have fellowship, share our QT, witness, discussion about the current book we're reading (right now it's Transforming Grace by Jerry Bridges. And if you haven't read it, it's AMAZING so far. He's also the author of The Pursuit of Holiness...I think...but anywho, it's another great book I read with my Navs Bible Study group at the Academy), play soccer, basketball, badmitton, ping-pong, three cushion (Korean style pool), etc in order to also meet new people and share the Gospel. And when we do have some free time, we Can't watch movies without permission and we can't view online video sites like youtube and such or videogames online etc...it's so we can focus on disciplining ourselves (like I said before...I feel sort of like a Plebe again = P )But I absolutely LOVE the environment = ) LIke I said before, I would not mind AT ALL if God wanted me to be here longer...we'll see how things go
Besides reading Transforming Grace, I finished reading up on a book I received for my birthday from my director, it's called God's Grace to Nine Generations: it's by James Hudson Taylor III and it's about how the 1st James Hudson Taylor was the first Missionary to China and how his family remained in the Missionary Field and how God took care of them...very short book, easy read.
I'm on page 133 of Dr. SB Lee's book about his life and how he overcame...it's taking me awhile since it's in Korean, but it's very inspiring...if you know Dr. Lee, you definitely know where I'm coming from
I'm also readning The Present by Spencer Johnson...never heard it before, but I got it as a late birthday present from one of the brothers here and it's actually really good. It's about how to enjoy work and life NOW in the present, hence the name.
I was reading Joel Osteen's book about how to live a better life now, but I stopped reading it for various reasons...it seems kind of...but yeah, if you've read the book and thought it beneficial, you can tell me to continue to read it...otherwise, I'll continue to read other books
I'm also brushing up on my Korean and starting to learn some Han Jja, old Korean style Chinese characters (using some old books I got from my younger cousin...he finished these books 2 years ago...age 6 = P...Chinese characters are no joke...he's definitely got his fathers brain)and if I have time, looking at some words in Word Smart so I don't forget all of my English = P.
Our Apart Leader...He's studying for an English exam...if he does well, he doesn't have to serve in the military and he can instead pursue a PHD instead. It's funny because his name is the same as my sister's in Korean = P He's an amazing person...I've said this before, but he attends graduate school and still makes time to lead most all of our gathering and have man to man fellowships...he doesn't sleep much = O

I had the opportunity to see my cousins in Cheonan (an hour away) for lunch and dinner = ) The red book my cousin is holding is what I made for her back in October...yeah, a little late, but she likes it = ) I got my other cousin dominoes...he loves building stuff!


And for her I gave her some yummy snacks...she loves snacks! Whenever I came to Korea in July and saw her with my parents, she only liked my sister Esther, but then I gave her two older siblings fruit by the foot, she all ofa sudden came up to me and said "I like you! Give me [fruit by the foot]" lol I was like that as a kid, too...wait, I'm actually still like that...honestly...food attracts!!!

Up close and personal with our Campus Director at ENM. If I remember correctly, he graduated from Korea University with a masters and had a very good job working with Samsung or some big Korean company, but he quit his job to become the Campus Director at ENM. Some of his friends thought he was nuts, but he knows in his heart he was called to serve. We're sharing our QT lessons before we go out and spread the Gospel.

My project. We're waiting at the subway to go witness at Yonsei University. He's doing okay right now...he shares his testimony tomorrow at the ENM Service (roughly 250-300)He's kind of nervous...and he said he's going to tell everybody how I beat him...lol...it's because I push him to work out harder...and I give him limited portions of food = P But he knows it's for his own good...I stopped doing the diet with him because there was no way...yeah, work out a lot and eat little doesn't work too well for me

What also hasn't worked too well for me was little sleep...I tried not taking naps (our daily schedule time6am to midnight) but I can't function without sleeping in once in a while or taking naps...here's my "helper" brother...please pray for him as he is also having to decide about when to go to the Army...He's definitely an AWESOME "helper" to me. He always helps me if I need it and he even got me an MP3 player for my birthday = ) He helps me to want to be more generous to people like . Why I wanted to get a part time job. I barely work, but I don't know how some of the brothers here have a job and yet still devote as much time as they can to ENM...I honestly don't think I can do it now, but I'm working on it...hopefully I will also be able to bring it back with me to the Academy...and not be TOO BUSY...

I'm working on not being too busy...I just have a passion for many things...I'm doing better about it though = ) I still think I should keep in better contact with some of my friends/family, but part of the reason why I keep this blog is so I can "keep in contact" with them without spending too much time writing emails in my free time.
Oh, I'll be taking by PRT this Monday to send back to the Academy...hopefully I will do okay on it since they'll definitely take that into consideration as they consider my readmittance. I'll inform you how I do next time!
Live by love = )
Praying

1 Comments:
you don't take the most flattering pics of people (last couple posts was the guy you're training was awful!)
That's great you made a book for your cousin ;) she doesn't look too happy with it, lol.
so you wouldn't make it to the army huh? (poor eyes AND flat feet)
Post a Comment
<< Home