HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
I've never really celebrated Valentine's Day since I never had anybody to really share it with, and Valentine's Day here in Korea is a little different anyway...today the boyfriend gets chocolate from his girlfriend and on White Day (March 14th) the boyfriend buys a snack along with other accessories (of course) for the girlfriend. Not sure where this originated from...
Anywho, I am doing well here in Korea = ) I have turned in all of my stuff to the Academy so if it's meant for me to go back there, hopefully I will get readmitted. If not, we'll see what the future holds for me. PRAYER REQUEST: Please pray for KAMA as a serious incident occured on one of their Movement Orders.
I downloaded skype today, but I can't figure out why the mic doesn't work...my user name is sam86kim...hopefully I can use it to have fellowship with Dr. SB Lee and use it to also talk to other loved ones if our time schedules match...plus, 13/14 hour time difference...
I am now meeting everyday with Wang Bong (my chinese friend), playing sports with him or studying or just hanging out...Of course I want him to believe in the Gospel, but I don't want to force it upon him or anybody...God gave us our freedom of choice! But I do want to be a good example to him and show him he can live with joy in the present! He says he can't enjoy life right now because he has to study, study, study to learn Korean, get into a good grad school, get a good job so he can make lots of money in order to marry the girl of his dreams, then he said he can be happy. Please pray that I can help him to be joyful even under his circumstances through the PEACE OF GOD. Whenever I witness to people I always remind them that there's a reason why I traveled around the globe ... so I can give them the joy and love of Christ! But the choice is up to them. I will continue to witness and pray for open hearts...
This is in part of me praying a lot about whether or not I should join the Mission Force Team. lol I know, sounds corny, but it would mean devoting A LOT more of my time to missions and to memorizing scripture and prayer, etc...I was invited to join last week during my man to man with my team leader...I was thrilled to be invited, but he told me to take a lot of time to pray about it and see if I was ready or not...I want to join, I mean, I came to Korea to do this kind of thing, but I want to make sure that I'm ready for that kind of devotion...raising the bar...Please pray for me about this decision.
This Thursday night I will be leaving for Busan. We have a 5 day vacation because of New Years, Lunar style. Please pray that I won't be ashamed about what I am doing in Korea in front of my non-believing relatives....well actually, even to my believing relatives. Some of them thought I was here through the Naval Academy. whereas I totally seperated to get discipleship training and witness...yeah, some of them thought I was nuts. Please pray that God's will be done.
I didn't take many pictures this week...instead I took a lot of video...I'll try to put some up later if I have time...

Brother Jeh Gook's "surprise" birthday party...he's lived in the apart for 4 years, so he sort of knew it was coming...I got him his favorite coffee...how did I know to get it for him...well, a week before he specifically explained how he loved Guatamala coffee from the Bohemian Coffee Company...asked me if I knew where it was...I didn't know...he explained to me in great detail where it was and why it was such a great place. lol Yeah, hint hint = P But of course I was more than glad he did that since I knew exactly what to get him. I mean, I did the same thing to him on my birthday. "Oh, those books you make are really neat. Yeah, I like that style...etc" = P
This is a traditional Korean stringed instrument...sounds sort of like a violin. This was Saturday when I went to support one of our ENM members who just published his book , VOCA VISION. It's funny because I was randomly picked to get a free book ... but I actully don't know a lot of the words in the book so I can learn some English too

And at this place (no pics...just video) a men's acapella group performed and they performed THERE'S NOTHING LIKE A DAME in Korean! It reminded me of Glee Club because we sing it...memories...
Our praise meeting...celebrated our praise leaders birthday
I've never really celebrated Valentine's Day since I never had anybody to really share it with, and Valentine's Day here in Korea is a little different anyway...today the boyfriend gets chocolate from his girlfriend and on White Day (March 14th) the boyfriend buys a snack along with other accessories (of course) for the girlfriend. Not sure where this originated from...
Anywho, I am doing well here in Korea = ) I have turned in all of my stuff to the Academy so if it's meant for me to go back there, hopefully I will get readmitted. If not, we'll see what the future holds for me. PRAYER REQUEST: Please pray for KAMA as a serious incident occured on one of their Movement Orders.
I downloaded skype today, but I can't figure out why the mic doesn't work...my user name is sam86kim...hopefully I can use it to have fellowship with Dr. SB Lee and use it to also talk to other loved ones if our time schedules match...plus, 13/14 hour time difference...
I am now meeting everyday with Wang Bong (my chinese friend), playing sports with him or studying or just hanging out...Of course I want him to believe in the Gospel, but I don't want to force it upon him or anybody...God gave us our freedom of choice! But I do want to be a good example to him and show him he can live with joy in the present! He says he can't enjoy life right now because he has to study, study, study to learn Korean, get into a good grad school, get a good job so he can make lots of money in order to marry the girl of his dreams, then he said he can be happy. Please pray that I can help him to be joyful even under his circumstances through the PEACE OF GOD. Whenever I witness to people I always remind them that there's a reason why I traveled around the globe ... so I can give them the joy and love of Christ! But the choice is up to them. I will continue to witness and pray for open hearts...
This is in part of me praying a lot about whether or not I should join the Mission Force Team. lol I know, sounds corny, but it would mean devoting A LOT more of my time to missions and to memorizing scripture and prayer, etc...I was invited to join last week during my man to man with my team leader...I was thrilled to be invited, but he told me to take a lot of time to pray about it and see if I was ready or not...I want to join, I mean, I came to Korea to do this kind of thing, but I want to make sure that I'm ready for that kind of devotion...raising the bar...Please pray for me about this decision.
This Thursday night I will be leaving for Busan. We have a 5 day vacation because of New Years, Lunar style. Please pray that I won't be ashamed about what I am doing in Korea in front of my non-believing relatives....well actually, even to my believing relatives. Some of them thought I was here through the Naval Academy. whereas I totally seperated to get discipleship training and witness...yeah, some of them thought I was nuts. Please pray that God's will be done.
I didn't take many pictures this week...instead I took a lot of video...I'll try to put some up later if I have time...

Brother Jeh Gook's "surprise" birthday party...he's lived in the apart for 4 years, so he sort of knew it was coming...I got him his favorite coffee...how did I know to get it for him...well, a week before he specifically explained how he loved Guatamala coffee from the Bohemian Coffee Company...asked me if I knew where it was...I didn't know...he explained to me in great detail where it was and why it was such a great place. lol Yeah, hint hint = P But of course I was more than glad he did that since I knew exactly what to get him. I mean, I did the same thing to him on my birthday. "Oh, those books you make are really neat. Yeah, I like that style...etc" = P
This is a traditional Korean stringed instrument...sounds sort of like a violin. This was Saturday when I went to support one of our ENM members who just published his book , VOCA VISION. It's funny because I was randomly picked to get a free book ... but I actully don't know a lot of the words in the book so I can learn some English too

And at this place (no pics...just video) a men's acapella group performed and they performed THERE'S NOTHING LIKE A DAME in Korean! It reminded me of Glee Club because we sing it...memories...
Our praise meeting...celebrated our praise leaders birthday

1 Comments:
mom told me to specifically pray for these five days! united together in prayer~ we love you!
Post a Comment
<< Home