Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Evalutation/Progress report of my original goals that I posted in September:

First, HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Second, Congratulations to Dr. SB Lee!

Sang and I wanted to be a part of that so bad...

It was a beautiful wedding! over 500 friends and family came.

And because of the wedding I got to see Sang and Ron Koehler, the director of Navigators at the Academy! It is always nice to spend time with someone who is so Godly!












"*To know and reflect Christ in my daily life and to make Him known to others -- to the students at Korea Unversity and my relatives who do not believe: My grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins"

I am slowly making progress in this...witnessing is not easy, but through prayer I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me. I have shared the Gospel to many here and still meet with the select few who I feel, through prayer and God's saving grace, will be able to lead others in the future. 2 Tim 2:2

Also expanded to Konkuk University, and starting today Yonsei University.

**Please pray that I will continue to lead others, including my relatives, to Christ through prayer and by showing them Jesus' Love...

"*To be disciplined in my daily activities -- Quiet Time, praise, worship, prayer, studying, memorizing Bible verses, exercising, etc, following the Bible verse Colossians 3:23 'Work at it with all of you heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.' "

Living here has definitely helped me discipline myself, but I'm still being tempted with greed in the form of money, praise, food, sleep, etc. I need to continue disciplining myself so that I listen to the Holy Spirit, instead of my fleshly desires, so that I won't be a hypocrite witnessing. 1 Cor. 9:27

*To start an English Praise Team in hopes of bringing a larger audience to Christ -- work on my singing and maybe even learn how to play the guitar or drums

Every Saturday and Sunday I donate my time to teach others English. 2 hours on Saturday I teach with 2 other Koreans dialogues and idioms. 1 hour on Sunday I lead praise in English and an English Bible study focusing on pronunciation, accent/stress, and intonation.

I'm also part of the campus praise team here called "하늘소리" (Heavenly Voice) which meets every Saturday for 3 hours praising and praying.
I am currently trying to learn the guitar on my own...not very successfully, but starting this Saturday and every Saturday after, a fellow brother here at ENM is donating his time to teach others how to play the guitar.

"*To always make time for others!"To keep accountability with my other brothers"

I am not my own...I'm a part of the Body of Christ so I need to help others in the areas that God has blessed me with. I am helping others get into shape by working out/playing sports with them, teaching them English, and I feel God has blessed me with a personality compatible with most people so that I can help encourage them/have fellowship with them...to be there for them when they need somebody to talk to.

I have a pretty deep man to man talk once a week with my Bible Study leader, which can last for hours...how life is going, struggles, our plans to overcome, accountability on memory verses, etc. Also have accountability with my Apart Leader (this place we live at ENM is called Apart, not to be confused with Apartment, because we live apart from the desirable standards of the world...living in the world, but not living of it) and basically my "helper" brother...Ron, if you're reading this, you know who I'm talking about.

"*To be completely fluent in Korean"
"Completely" may be to strong of a word, but I'm working on it. In my free time I am reading a Korean book and memorizing some words. I took a 10 week long language course but currently am not because it would take away from my training with ENM.

The reason I post this blog is to keep you informed of what God has called me to do and also to hopefully encourage you to live with a purpose = )


I also celebrated my 21st birthday here! I had a preliminary cake with my team on Sunday



On January 2nd at 10:30 pm we were going to gather and have an Apart evaluation, but some people came in late...we have to come in by 10, so it was weird that the Apart leader didn't know where these other brothers were. He was concerned, called them, said they wouldn't answer, and then all of a sudden said how the room we were meeting in, my room, was too messy to have a meeting...I was like, sorry, I'll clean up my stuff, but we moved to the next room and lo and behold a surprise birthday party!

I would post some of the pics, but as a joke I was wearing by BCG's and making obnoxious faces the whole time and the fact that the pictures don't show all of the decorations or food = P I wish I could upload the video...I've taken a lot of video here but haven't had time to upload it.

The brother's bought lots of snacks and a cake and decorated the room with balloons and streamers. It was very nice.




I received a nice hand made diary: Tiger B is my team...left of M means Discipleship Training, below fish is "Heavenly Voice" Praise Team name and made by Jeh Kook.

I received a total of 3 birthday cake celebrations = )

Okay, I really need to read now!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful pics~ I really like that diary they made! niiiice. good to read your updates from your past goals!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 6:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, and btw, your face looks so different!!!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 6:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home