Tuesday, November 21, 2006

No Excuse

I'm sorry I did not post as usual. The good news is that I am well and that I am seeing results with my witnessing! A student a KonKuk University called me the other day after I witnessed to him because he felt that I was the only one he could talk to. He goes by the name of Moon, and I would really appreciate it if you would pray for him. He will graduate shortly (Korea's school years end in December) and is very concerned about his future. Also, please pray for Wahng Bong, a student at Korea University, as I am going to meet with him this evening.

Saturday I voluteered at a center for the mentally (and most physically also) handicapped located in the outskirts of Seoul. I entertained them, helped undress them, bathe them, dry them, clothe them, and cleaned their room. It was really sad to see how they lived and it also was really tough (not literally) scraping the dead skin cells off of them because I could see the agony in their face (for those who are not familiar with Korean baths, after soaping up, they literally scrape off the dead skin cells until they are red, then resoap and rinse) but after dressing them back up in clean clothes, I was happy to see them smile once again because of the volunteers who came to see them. What Commander Harr said was true...I did end up bathing those who aren't able to bathe themselves.

I am extremely blessed that English is my native language because it really helps while witnessing to Koreans. I know that some are simply trying to take advantage of me to learn English, but that's okay because if I can save one person through my knowledge of English, it will be well worth it. I currently teach English every Saturday 11 to 1 and Sunday 8:40 to 9:40 free of charge. There is a missionary sister here who came to believe Christ about a year ago through one of these free English classes. I am hoping that we can continue this...

Please continue to pray for my fellow missionary brothers and sisters and to those we witness to.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should hear from us sometime! I believe four hours from now. Miss you so much.

Thursday, November 23, 2006 11:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home