Thank you for the prayers!
Right now I'm in Busan for Thanksgiving here in Korea. My mom's side of the family lives down here...
Some tough things going on in my life: I had a man to man session with my household leader and he was concerned that I was getting to involved...it's just that I have a passion for a lot of things and I know that if you knew me in high school or at the Academy I do enjoy getting involved...I just hope I don't wear myself out too thin. He was telling me how it's better to focus on a few things and do them well then to do multiple things subpar...I agree, it's just that I feel that I can provide these English tutoring sessions (singing in English and doing an English Bible Study) and be a part of the praise team on top of everything else I'm already involved in. Pray that I don't get in over my head. He was telling me that it's good I'm trying to reach out to a lot of people, but since I won't be here next year, who is going to take my place? If I don't plant the seed correctly to many, how much good does that do? He talked about how Jesus chose his few and really showed them the way so that Christianity could multiply.
The Bible verse he mentioned is 2 Timothy 2 " 1You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others."
Help me to be stong in the grace...
As I said, it's Thanksgiving here and I'm at my cousin's house. They are kind people who believe in Buhdda like most of my other relatives in Busan. They are also very well off, so I don't know why it's harder for me, but I haven't been able to really explain to them what I'm doing here. Everytime somebody asks me, my uncle always butts in and says I'm learning Korean at Korea University and that's why I'm taking a year off. He doesn't want to mention that I'm spreading the Gospel because many of his friends and relatives are Buddhists also...and I don't want to be rude and interject because here in Korea, you really respect your elders. It's like in the military...so I had a pretty good taste of it before I went to the Academy.
Anyway, pray that I can show them through my actions (for example, reading my Bible when I wake up and before I go to sleep, be extremely courteous and respectful, etc). It's tough because they are already doing well in life and they don't feel like they need to change...most of my relatives here in Busan are well off/financially stable and so they don't see the need to convert = ( They don't realize there is more than this life to prepare for...
On an up note, I'm so happy for S.B. Lee (if you don't know his story... http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/dome/0502/top_story.cfm) because he's getting married and he's becoming really famous in Korea! He goes all around Korea making speeches for various companies all while helping spread the Gospel. And it's all the better that it's him because he's such a great person, one of my role models. It's great that he is able to reach such a large crowd. It's funny though...Because Korea is the #2 country in the world who sends out missionaries to other countries (USA being #1 ) and you can see churches anywhere you go (well, it is only the size of Indiana with a population over that of California + Missouri + Maryland combined...48 million) yet not even 50% of the country is Christian. But yeah, I just find it ironic I can see so many crosses in the night sky and yet there are so many non-believers...
These past few days I kind of slacked with my QT's and such...no excuse, but it's because Korea is in a break mode for Thanksgiving...still, pray that I can stay strong, and I will be doing the same for you all = )
Right now I'm in Busan for Thanksgiving here in Korea. My mom's side of the family lives down here...
Some tough things going on in my life: I had a man to man session with my household leader and he was concerned that I was getting to involved...it's just that I have a passion for a lot of things and I know that if you knew me in high school or at the Academy I do enjoy getting involved...I just hope I don't wear myself out too thin. He was telling me how it's better to focus on a few things and do them well then to do multiple things subpar...I agree, it's just that I feel that I can provide these English tutoring sessions (singing in English and doing an English Bible Study) and be a part of the praise team on top of everything else I'm already involved in. Pray that I don't get in over my head. He was telling me that it's good I'm trying to reach out to a lot of people, but since I won't be here next year, who is going to take my place? If I don't plant the seed correctly to many, how much good does that do? He talked about how Jesus chose his few and really showed them the way so that Christianity could multiply.
The Bible verse he mentioned is 2 Timothy 2 " 1You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others."
Help me to be stong in the grace...
As I said, it's Thanksgiving here and I'm at my cousin's house. They are kind people who believe in Buhdda like most of my other relatives in Busan. They are also very well off, so I don't know why it's harder for me, but I haven't been able to really explain to them what I'm doing here. Everytime somebody asks me, my uncle always butts in and says I'm learning Korean at Korea University and that's why I'm taking a year off. He doesn't want to mention that I'm spreading the Gospel because many of his friends and relatives are Buddhists also...and I don't want to be rude and interject because here in Korea, you really respect your elders. It's like in the military...so I had a pretty good taste of it before I went to the Academy.
Anyway, pray that I can show them through my actions (for example, reading my Bible when I wake up and before I go to sleep, be extremely courteous and respectful, etc). It's tough because they are already doing well in life and they don't feel like they need to change...most of my relatives here in Busan are well off/financially stable and so they don't see the need to convert = ( They don't realize there is more than this life to prepare for...
On an up note, I'm so happy for S.B. Lee (if you don't know his story... http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/dome/0502/top_story.cfm) because he's getting married and he's becoming really famous in Korea! He goes all around Korea making speeches for various companies all while helping spread the Gospel. And it's all the better that it's him because he's such a great person, one of my role models. It's great that he is able to reach such a large crowd. It's funny though...Because Korea is the #2 country in the world who sends out missionaries to other countries (USA being #1 ) and you can see churches anywhere you go (well, it is only the size of Indiana with a population over that of California + Missouri + Maryland combined...48 million) yet not even 50% of the country is Christian. But yeah, I just find it ironic I can see so many crosses in the night sky and yet there are so many non-believers...
These past few days I kind of slacked with my QT's and such...no excuse, but it's because Korea is in a break mode for Thanksgiving...still, pray that I can stay strong, and I will be doing the same for you all = )

1 Comments:
I hope that you enjoyed chuseok!
Do you think you're wearing yourself out too thin? Aren't you used to having those kind of involvements in your life? Would you spend more quality time investing in fewer relationships in place of "spreading yourself thin?"
send me a copy of your schedule, and I can make a .jpeg file for you to post on this blog (if you want to & if your schedule is regular!)
I love you!
Post a Comment
<< Home