Please pray for the current Global situation with North Korea...that everything will work out as it should.
Being so close to North Korea, it actually is kind of scary to think that there is a dictator willing to do anything to get global respect...But all we can do now is pray.
Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to a Christian revival (3 hour praise/worship/prayer session). Oh, it was so refreshing to attend! For those of you who know how you feel during a Church retreat or FCA Camp or a Happening. This revival was called "Again 1907." In 1907 there was a Christian revival in Pyeongyang (which is now North Korea : { that spread across ALL OF KOREA known as the Great Revival http://www.apts.edu/ajps/01-1/01-1-yhlee.pdf 100 years later they want it to happen again. A new song was made for the event called The Miracle Generation Here's a link to hear it = ) http://blog.naver.com/ahtplove?Redirect=Log&logNo=100029253694 I hope it works and be sure to pause the other song playing by scrolling over the top right corner and pausing it...Anyway, they want THIS generation to be able to make this Christian revival in ALL of Korea again. I feel so blessed that I can be here for this Centennial Revival! Please Pray that this revival happens = )
Our QT focus for the next couple of weeks is Psalm 119. Focusing on several verses and trying to decipher what God is trying to tell us is better than quickly reading over multiple chapters just to get to the next book...
I am spending a lot of time reviewing so that I can be prepared to talk about the Gospel. There are so many tough questions, but it is our responsibility to always be ready. Though we will never know the answers to all the questions, we need to discipline ourselves to try.
I am also reviewing a lot of my memory verses. The different ENM teams here are having a "friendly" competition in next Sunday on how well each team is doing with memorizing verses. I feel kind of ashamed because I am in the A group...which means I'm only going to write down 1 to 13 memory card verses. I have memorized more verses than this, but I'm only going to focus on my Topical Memory Verses instead of my other ones...I'm memorizing 2 a week in Korean and English. memorizing the B is up to 73, C is up to 120, D is over 253 or something like that, In my Tiger Team B group, there are 2 in A, 4 B 3 C and 1 D . Yeah, there are people here memorizing whole chapters besides these memory cards too...reminds of LCDR Crane memorizing ALL of Psalm 119...yeah, I need to practice.
This past week I met some new people who are doing a flagship program from the University of Hawaii. I believe several of them are REMNANT (Restoring the Evangelism Movement Needed in All Nations Today) believers, but I only really got to know one of them. She told me about this semi-new Christian movement that focused more on missionary work. She was very well informed of CCC and Navigators and even other denominations and such (graduated from UCLA) and she was telling me how this REMNANT movement trained Christians to become missionaries. I am going to try and go to her church ((http://www.remnant-usa.net/spboard/board.cgi?id=message&action=view&gul=226 for more info on her church), some time , but it's an hour away and so we'll see if I can make sometime in the future...
She was telling me how the Presbyterian church of Korea http://www.pck.or.kr/Eng/Intro/introduction.asp was less focused on missionary work and how the Navigators/ENM (http://www.pck.or.kr/Eng/Intro/introduction.asp I am going to see if I can translate this sometime in the future...so many things to do! = P ) has no home churches for support (only campus ministry) and how this movement is not only developing locally, but in the para...All this stuff interests me!!! That's why I provided the links...
Before I talked to her, I talked to her friend who is agnostic. He believes there is a God but that there is not meaning on this Earth. He's not concerned with learning about the big picture because he believes we will never truly know. I feel sorry for him because he had such a rough picture of Christianity painted for him. He grew up in the church and his father held some high position in his church. The thing is, he grew up seeing how his dad cheated on his mom with another women in the church and this basically ruined his whole childhood. He can't see how if there is a God all knowing, all powerful, perfect, how he Christianity was displayed to him in such a way that he now despises the church. Why is he condemned to Hell if he never got a good clear view of how Christianity should be?
yeah, all together, I talked for 3 hours about religion and such with her friend and then with her.
The answer to this is definitely to read Job...Job was more righteous than any other man of his time and still God allowed Satan to take EVERYTHING from him...but in the end, Job lived 140 more years with doubled the possessions and family that he had before.
Who are we complain if something is taken away from us? It's not ours to begin with. Why not be happier cheated rather than cheating another?
The thing about Christianity is that yes, humans are flawed and so of course churches and famlies may break up, but I have never been as happy or filled with joy without the Holy Spirit. Nothing of this world can compare. I know that is going to be hard to understand if you have never experienced the Holy Spirit, but ... the best way to explain it is that you feel completely at ease because God is in your presence. For those of you who have experienced this, if you could help me out in the comment section I would appreciate it = )
I am doing well here in Korea = ) I am debating whether or not I shoud post more because I really can write a lot more and more detailed if I did it more often, but I also don't want to get distracted from my other work...I am open to any comment on that.
I am daily working to discipline my body to know God's Word better and to live according to it. I appreciate ALL of your guys' prayers. I really would lose hope without your support. THANK YOU
I can honestly say that I love you all in Christ = )
If you have any prayer concerns, please comment them so others can pray for them also or if it's personal, please email me sam86kim@gmail.com otherwise I will just pray for you all in general = )
And for the two previous questions posted on comment...right now I'm starting When You Cross Cultures: Vital Issues Facing Chrisitan Missions by Jim Chew Forward by J. Oswald Sanders It's a Navigators Press author from Singapore. I'm also going to finish up reading Wild at Heart and filling out the Field Manual for it (it compliments the book as a journal) both by John Eldredge. I started this with my Cipher Bible study group Plebe Year but never finished it. Don't really have much time so I won't be reading many other books, other than the Bible of course = P But yeah, you all should read Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis!
to the second comment, yes, I feel that my whole life I have prepared myself to be involved in multiple activities, so I don't feel like I'm spreading myself too thin...it's just that it's something I always worry about. If I can't make time for somebody else, then that is when I am spreading myself too thin. Otherwise, I'll do as my group leader here and sacrifice sleep in order to give other people my time...no joke, he sleeps like 3 hours during the week = O And if you all would like to see my typical weekly schedule, comment and I will post it next time I'm online.
Being so close to North Korea, it actually is kind of scary to think that there is a dictator willing to do anything to get global respect...But all we can do now is pray.
Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to a Christian revival (3 hour praise/worship/prayer session). Oh, it was so refreshing to attend! For those of you who know how you feel during a Church retreat or FCA Camp or a Happening. This revival was called "Again 1907." In 1907 there was a Christian revival in Pyeongyang (which is now North Korea : { that spread across ALL OF KOREA known as the Great Revival http://www.apts.edu/ajps/01-1/01-1-yhlee.pdf 100 years later they want it to happen again. A new song was made for the event called The Miracle Generation Here's a link to hear it = ) http://blog.naver.com/ahtplove?Redirect=Log&logNo=100029253694 I hope it works and be sure to pause the other song playing by scrolling over the top right corner and pausing it...Anyway, they want THIS generation to be able to make this Christian revival in ALL of Korea again. I feel so blessed that I can be here for this Centennial Revival! Please Pray that this revival happens = )
Our QT focus for the next couple of weeks is Psalm 119. Focusing on several verses and trying to decipher what God is trying to tell us is better than quickly reading over multiple chapters just to get to the next book...
I am spending a lot of time reviewing so that I can be prepared to talk about the Gospel. There are so many tough questions, but it is our responsibility to always be ready. Though we will never know the answers to all the questions, we need to discipline ourselves to try.
I am also reviewing a lot of my memory verses. The different ENM teams here are having a "friendly" competition in next Sunday on how well each team is doing with memorizing verses. I feel kind of ashamed because I am in the A group...which means I'm only going to write down 1 to 13 memory card verses. I have memorized more verses than this, but I'm only going to focus on my Topical Memory Verses instead of my other ones...I'm memorizing 2 a week in Korean and English. memorizing the B is up to 73, C is up to 120, D is over 253 or something like that, In my Tiger Team B group, there are 2 in A, 4 B 3 C and 1 D . Yeah, there are people here memorizing whole chapters besides these memory cards too...reminds of LCDR Crane memorizing ALL of Psalm 119...yeah, I need to practice.
This past week I met some new people who are doing a flagship program from the University of Hawaii. I believe several of them are REMNANT (Restoring the Evangelism Movement Needed in All Nations Today) believers, but I only really got to know one of them. She told me about this semi-new Christian movement that focused more on missionary work. She was very well informed of CCC and Navigators and even other denominations and such (graduated from UCLA) and she was telling me how this REMNANT movement trained Christians to become missionaries. I am going to try and go to her church ((http://www.remnant-usa.net/spboard/board.cgi?id=message&action=view&gul=226 for more info on her church), some time , but it's an hour away and so we'll see if I can make sometime in the future...
She was telling me how the Presbyterian church of Korea http://www.pck.or.kr/Eng/Intro/introduction.asp was less focused on missionary work and how the Navigators/ENM (http://www.pck.or.kr/Eng/Intro/introduction.asp I am going to see if I can translate this sometime in the future...so many things to do! = P ) has no home churches for support (only campus ministry) and how this movement is not only developing locally, but in the para...All this stuff interests me!!! That's why I provided the links...
Before I talked to her, I talked to her friend who is agnostic. He believes there is a God but that there is not meaning on this Earth. He's not concerned with learning about the big picture because he believes we will never truly know. I feel sorry for him because he had such a rough picture of Christianity painted for him. He grew up in the church and his father held some high position in his church. The thing is, he grew up seeing how his dad cheated on his mom with another women in the church and this basically ruined his whole childhood. He can't see how if there is a God all knowing, all powerful, perfect, how he Christianity was displayed to him in such a way that he now despises the church. Why is he condemned to Hell if he never got a good clear view of how Christianity should be?
yeah, all together, I talked for 3 hours about religion and such with her friend and then with her.
The answer to this is definitely to read Job...Job was more righteous than any other man of his time and still God allowed Satan to take EVERYTHING from him...but in the end, Job lived 140 more years with doubled the possessions and family that he had before.
Who are we complain if something is taken away from us? It's not ours to begin with. Why not be happier cheated rather than cheating another?
The thing about Christianity is that yes, humans are flawed and so of course churches and famlies may break up, but I have never been as happy or filled with joy without the Holy Spirit. Nothing of this world can compare. I know that is going to be hard to understand if you have never experienced the Holy Spirit, but ... the best way to explain it is that you feel completely at ease because God is in your presence. For those of you who have experienced this, if you could help me out in the comment section I would appreciate it = )
I am doing well here in Korea = ) I am debating whether or not I shoud post more because I really can write a lot more and more detailed if I did it more often, but I also don't want to get distracted from my other work...I am open to any comment on that.
I am daily working to discipline my body to know God's Word better and to live according to it. I appreciate ALL of your guys' prayers. I really would lose hope without your support. THANK YOU
I can honestly say that I love you all in Christ = )
If you have any prayer concerns, please comment them so others can pray for them also or if it's personal, please email me sam86kim@gmail.com otherwise I will just pray for you all in general = )
And for the two previous questions posted on comment...right now I'm starting When You Cross Cultures: Vital Issues Facing Chrisitan Missions by Jim Chew Forward by J. Oswald Sanders It's a Navigators Press author from Singapore. I'm also going to finish up reading Wild at Heart and filling out the Field Manual for it (it compliments the book as a journal) both by John Eldredge. I started this with my Cipher Bible study group Plebe Year but never finished it. Don't really have much time so I won't be reading many other books, other than the Bible of course = P But yeah, you all should read Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis!
to the second comment, yes, I feel that my whole life I have prepared myself to be involved in multiple activities, so I don't feel like I'm spreading myself too thin...it's just that it's something I always worry about. If I can't make time for somebody else, then that is when I am spreading myself too thin. Otherwise, I'll do as my group leader here and sacrifice sleep in order to give other people my time...no joke, he sleeps like 3 hours during the week = O And if you all would like to see my typical weekly schedule, comment and I will post it next time I'm online.

1 Comments:
I think & pray about you every time the NK situation is on the news (which is... yeah.. A LOT)
omg! I forgot that it is a 100 years later! I remember hearing about this revival and that they dubbed Korea the Jerusalem of the East.
Post a Comment
<< Home