Friday, June 15, 2007

Wrapping things up!

I'm spending the majority of my meals having fellowship with others before I leave. It's nice getting all of this good advice and good food = )

I also got to see my kun eeh moh and eeh moh boo since they came up from Busan to get an MRI screening...And also saw my other eehmoh since her son works at that hospital in Seoul. Didn't get to see him, byungsoo, since he was in the ER busy with stuff.

Wang Feng is leaving this Wednesday! We ate at the director's house ...absolutely DELICIOUS, and he prayed for us. This was my 3rd time going there...and 2 of the 3 times we played jenga! lol It's fun

Wang Feng is leaving for Beijing to work with LG. I'm glad he had that opportunity and I pray he will be able to continue Bible study with an ENM member there. Last night we met and I helped him learn a Korean praise song. My mentor wanted him to sing it during our last Bible study session and my mentor said he would sing a praise song in Chinese....... and I get to listen = P

The WORD of God is mind boggling! I mean, just thinking of it. It's so deep and profound it it makes fools of the wise!

Some photos when I when sight seeing with the Mids...They took most of the pictures, so the ones I post are HORRIBLE....sorry. Especially sorry to Chris...lol You'll see why

Dr. SB Lee and I give our testimonies tomorrow during the ENM service! Please pray for us as we share our experiences. Especially since many members took this opportunity to invite non-believers since Dr. SB Lee was speaking = )

DMZ

LCDR Crane lol in hopes of uniting the North and South





Market




I'll post my rough draft of my testimony...it's not the revised version...I mean extremely ROUGH!

It seems like yesterday I moved into the apart. My first impression was, WOW! How can these people devote so much of their time to God yet still go to school/have a career? Well, after living with them for roughly a year, I think Im starting to understand. Its all about devoting your self to God. Its not about us, its all about God.

저는 ENM에 온 덕분에 생활의 중요한 것을 많이 배웠습니다. 특히 제 자신을 더 알게 됐습니다. 저는 어떤 사람인지 조금 알았었는데 성경공부, 교제, 하나님을 통해서 제가 누구인지 많이 알게 되었습니다. 저는 생각보다 외향적이라서 사람이 나에게 어떠한 생각을 가지고 있는지 너무 신경을 많이 썼습니다. 지금도 그런 생각들을 하지만, 조금씩 변하고 있습니다. 사람들을 위해서 제가 행동하는 것도 좋지만, 이제는 하나님의 영광을 위해서, 하나님의 사랑을 전달하기 위해서 행동하고 있습니다. 하나님을 바라보면서 살 것입니다.

성경공부를 할 때 하면 할수록 더 알고 싶습니다. 저는 한국

Im no scholar in the Bible, after spending a year here Ive come to realize HOW LITTLE I KNOW, but thats what makes me powerful! Because then I rely on God instead of on my own power. Coming to Korea I learned SO MUCH about myself. Living in the apart I was sick a lot more than Im usually used to. A lot of that has to do with over exerting myself, but also with my attitude and thoughts. Im an extremely extroverted person. It seemed when my friends or family back home had concerns, I would carry that burden on my own, or whenever some of the apart brothers in January/February struggled, I took on that burden also. But as 1 Peter 5:7 says, Cast all your anxiety upon him because he cares for you! While I was sick I realized how much more I relied on God and other people to take care of me. It really is the sick who need the doctor, not the healthy.

암송하는 것이 저한테 큰 도움이 됬습니다. 교하다니면서

Bible memory has also been an extreme help! Growing up in the church I memorized some key verses, but I did not consider Bible memory something that I needed to do. Now I realize the importance of memorizing scripture. Straight from Psalm 119:9,11, its true. Whenever a situation occurs, if Im able to think of a Bible verse I can avoid the trap of the devil! Otherwise I would try to be wise in my own understanding, and yes, being stubborn, a lot of times I do that, but Im learning more and more everyday to rely more on God.

Its such a blessing to know Gods grace! Praise God!

While living in the apart I have experienced A LOT! When I first came in September, I wanted to be as involved as I could and I wanted to do a lot of so called “missionary work” so that I could feel like I was accomplishing something. But something very important I learned here is GOD’S GRACE! There is absolutely NO WAY that I can repay my debt, but because God loves me, Jesus was sent for me. 하나님만 있다고 행동을 하고자 합니다. 나는 이 세상에 오래 안 살았지만, 성령을 통해서 사는것과 자신으로 사는 것을 경험해 보았습니다. 이 세상에 빠져있을 때는 언제나 만족하지 못했습니다. 계속 조금씩 더 원했습니다. 계발하는 것이 좋지만, 욕심대로 사는 것은 행복을 가질 수 없었습니다. 다른 사람들을 간절히 사랑해야 되고 부지런하게 살아야 됩니다. 항상 목표를 가지면서 성경공부의 5가지 원리(passage, principle, problem, plan, progress)를 적용하던지 약속의 말씀대로 살던지 해야 됩니다. 저는 처음 한국에 올 때 제가 노력을 해야 된다고 생각했습니다. 물론 행동을 해야되는데, 저는 특별하게 우리 학교에서 선교사로서의 삶을 경험하고 제자 훈련을 받기 위해 한국에 왔기 때문에 진짜 열심히 하고 싶었습니다. 그런데 다른 사람들이 나에 대해 어떻게 생각할 것인지를 염두해 두고 행동하게 되었습니다. 좀 전에 말했던 대로 저는 사람의 칭찬과 사람들이 나를 어떻게 보는지 신경을 많이 썼습니다. 저는 돈보다, 능력보다, 여자보다, 여자들도 엄청난 시험이 들지만, 사람을 기쁘게 하기위해서 부탁에 대해 ‘안돼’라는 말을 잘 못합니다. 사람들이 보기에는 안 좋은 습관이라고 생각하지 않을 수 있지만 제가 만약 사람들의 기대속에 계속 살았으면 진짜 큰 문제가 생길 수도 있었습니다. 제 생각을 어떻게 정리해야 되는지 모르겠습니다.

Disciplining myself has been the most difficult part. Im not sure about you all, but for me, I ask God to just GIVE me thingsI want to do as little work as possible. But God loves us so much more than that, that he wants us to change our habits first, and then NATURALLY we will be happier, healthier, etc, because were changing little by little to become more like Him!

훈현하는 것이 저한테

I have never witnessed to complete strangers before I came to Korea. I was kind of scared doing it at first, but by Gods grace I am learning more and gaining even more courage as I proclaim his word. Because I am trying to tell people about the joy of Christ, I must show them by being a living example. I plan on continuing to witness as I go back to the states. We only have one life to live. I am going to live, work, and die for the most worthwhile thing.

In terms of Bible Study, I have learned so much. Analyzing the word and really getting down to the root of the meaning has helped me to learn more about what God wants to tell me. Im used to receiving help, not giving help, but here in Korea I was able to help Wang Feng directly get to learn about the Bible, and others I was able to introduce them to others who could help them. Of all things, I became very good friends with Wang Feng. He has such an open mind I praise God! He went to church an hour 15minutes away to learn more about the Bible from a Chinese pastor, he would come to ENM and Tuesdays we would have Bible study with my mentor. We met each other almost everyday of the week to just see whats up, play sports, or to study together. He lives on his own so he likes to hang out with other people when he gets the chance. I never realized how blessed I was to be able to live in the apart, especially because of all of the encouragement. Of course at times there was conflict and turmoil in the apart, since nobody is perfect, but all in all, Ive learned so much from the brothers. Its love. To make time for others and to really, truly, genuinely care for them. He says its because of the brothers and me that he wants to learn more about the Bible and our way of life, but he has yet to accept. I told him thats okay because thats between him and God. Hes doing the right things right now. This week is also his last week at ENM. Hes leaving this Wednesday to head back to China. I hope that he can continue studying the Bible with so and so in Beijing. If I have the opportunity, I told him I would love to visit him, especially for the 2008 summer Olympics!

When I head back to the states, I plan on teaming up with Brother SB and 양원선생님 and LCDR Crane and his wife to reach out to Asian midshipmen. I pray for FAT men and that I may help them in their journey to learn more about Christ, I can be on the inside and help them and since Im undergoing the same experiences and have experienced what the other Mids are going through, I can help them that much more. I want to be the best example I can be for Christ! Ive learned from the director and my mentor and the apart leader how to help other people. What steps I need to take in order to help them along their journey to know Christ. And by helping others I will learn a lot more myself because I will have to and want to be an example to them. Praise God!

Its true. The difference a good leader can make. The difference in ordinary and extraordinary is the little extra. Seriously. Because of my selfishness I always want things right away and to be good at them! But as we all learned from the tortoise and the hare, slow and steady really does win the race!!!! Its the constant that I can continue to live in the word. LITTLE BY LITTLE! I cant emphasize that enough! Make a plan and stick to it! Dont say, oh, Ill do it tomorrow! Ive learned if you do that, it will always be put off until later! Have an accountability partner, a workout partner, dont try to do things on your own! You may prevail, but who is going to pick you up when you fall down?

The things I had the most trouble with:

Comparing! I always rate myself against other people! Well, Im doing this and hes doing that and so that puts me at this levelbut its not that! We are ALL different parts of Gods body with different talents and gifts! I had a hard time during the winter because I visited my friend who was living doing missionary work and how he was making lots of money and doing what he wanted, and that really tested my faith because I was like, why cant I do that? Why shouldnt I just go out and teach English, make lots of money and live generously giving to others while also having fun myself? I felt I was enduring a lot more for Christ. But the thing is, Im happy the way I spent my year here. I wouldnt trade my experience for anything else. Before coming to Korea Ive traveled to many beautiful places, Ive experienced a lot of things that the world considers fun, but never am I more happy and fulfilled as when I give praise to God. Its true. I can honestly say with all my heart, there is no better way to live. That is why I came to Korea! To testify to others about this! For the training of the Body is useful, but training in Godliness is useful in every aspect! In this life, and the life to come. 1 Timoth 4:8

Yes, I realize when I get back to the Academy I may regret some things about taking a year off, but all in all I am so thankful to God! God loves us so much he wants to point out our flaws to us so that we can change! Of course God can easily change our circumstances, but I dont want to live for others, or be jealous of them, I want to always look for the positives, for the best in people, and I want to live for him. 지현형 was telling me to remember why I wont regret taking the year off. Especially when times will be tough in the future going to school, thats when I need to really

The most important things Ive learned while in Korea and my plan to carry them out:

Gods grace! Ive learned to live life with a THANKFUL HEART! Every time I think about what God has sacrificed for me, I am able to put into contrast how trivial and petty circumstances can befor example, when somebody does wrong to me, I usually get upset, but then I think about how much more I have wronged God. It helps put things into perspective..

Ive learned about Lordship and the importance of mentors! And learning here I realize how much more I need to learn, yet I dont lose hope because I know I am slowly but surely changing to become more like Christ. Im taking one day at a time, changing my attitude to become Christ like and to become more like Him. Its amazing what our attitude can make of us!

. 2년전만 해도 정말 생각도 할 수 없는 것인데 하나님께서는 저를 너무 사랑하셔서 저를 다시 부르셨습니다. 하나님께서는 우리 아버지라서 우리를 타이르고 야단을 치십니다. 우리를 사랑하시기 때문에 우리가 올바르게 살도록 하기 위해서입니다. 열심히, 희망을 가지고, 하나님 말씀을 통해 꾸준히 삽시다! 여러분들 어떤 수준인지 어떤 상황인지 잘 모르겠지만 하나님은 다 아십니다. 예수님을 의지하면서 믿음을 갖고 부지런하게 삽시다! 이것으로 GOODBYE 아닙니다. 바로 'See you in the near future'입니다. 기도 제목을 나누고자 합니다. 첫째는 미국에 계신 부모님하고 형하고 누나들에게 하나님 안에서 성장하도록, 그리고 특별히 우리 형 다음달에 virginia bar 법대 시험있는데 준비를 잘 할 수 있도록 둘째 ENM 형제 자매님들 그리고 한국에 계신 친척들하고 친구들이 하나님을 영접했다면 주님안에서 계속 성장해 가고, 그리고 영접을 안했다면, 꼭 영접할 수 있도록 기도부탁드립니다. 우리는 기도하는 것만 할 수 있는 것이 아닙니다. 기도가 제일 중요한 것입니다! 셋째, 미국으로 갈 때 ENM 선교사로 가기 때문에 한국에서 배운것을 잘 적용할 수 있도록, 하나님을 바라보면서 사랑하면서 다른 사람에게 본이 되는 삶을 살 수 있도록 기도 부탁드립니다. 감사드립니다.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home