Saturday, May 26, 2007

Do you know about the 5 P's?

I encourage you all to do this whenever you find a verse while reading/studying/meditating on the Word...

The gist of mine...

Passage: 1 Thess 1:6-8
Principle: To Joyfully accept the Holy Spirit and to be a model so that other's might believe
Problem: My selfishness, pride, laziness, etc...
Plan: To take every opportunity I have and REFLECT Christ. My attitude needs to be set right and I need to be CONSISTENT so that I can develop good habits. STICK WITH THE SCHEDULE!
Progress: Doing a pretty good job with QT and working out, but still hard to love others FIRST!
But write LONG so that you can really stick with it and evaluate your progress so that you won't lose hope! Remember, that an inheritance gained prematurely will not be blessed ultimately Provers 20:2 PRAY PRAY PRAY! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Seek advice from others! God wired us to depend on one another! But remember, the ultimate decision is up to us since GOD SPEAK DIRECTLY TO US...follow...trust...

And what's nice is, it's NOT what I do, but it's the Holy Spirit who makes things happen! Heh Young, a Chinese girl in my class is going to start coming out to our ENM Bible studies with some of the other sisters = ) I'm glad, by a series of situations she came to ENM just to see where I lived, then saw the Bibles Memory Cards and then met the sisters...ALL BY THE GRACE OF GOD!

I also bought "mist" cards to send to my grandparents...in hopes that it can open their eyes to why I want them to believe in living a life of Love. Please pray that I can write words from my heart so that they know how I truly feel and how I want them to be saved! It's hard...= ( But I believe in miracles = ) I mean, changing a person is a MIRACLE! Think about it...it's not by what we do! IT'S ALL GOD'S DOING!

Wang Feng is leaving for China June 20...he said, at first I thought Korean people were nice...but then he said after living here for almost a year now, they are nice, but only to people who are from rich nations...US, Japan, European nations, etc...He said I couldn't understand how he felt because 1. I'm from the US and 2. I have Korean blood...made me sad because I know that anywhere you go, many people are like this...but that's being human...WE'RE SELFISH AND WANT TO KNOW PEOPLE WHO ARE OF HIGHER STATUS THAN US! But I praise God that Wang Feng was able to find a job (90% sure) through a friend he made while serving in the community service club. So he's not going to go to Grad school at Seoul U or Korea U anymore...

Currently QTing Romans and 2 Timothy...These books are DEEP, so they take awhile to understand, but I'm definitely learning a lot from them! Encourage you all to take some time daily to pray and spend quality time with the Word...and prayer That's probably the best advice I could give to anybody.

My Bbile study group is going through the book of 1 Thessalonians. Read this book/letter many times before, but God keeps revealing new things! Read and meditate with a goal in mind!

Last night I had the chance to go to YWAM's international service. It was great to just sing praise to God! And in English! The sermon was about Gideon in Judges 6:14...TRUST IN GOD! Take the Lord's Yoke! He is making us EQUAL to him! Don't get lost in the program!







My Classmates at Nami Island...about an hour outside of Seoul
After eating at a all you can eat goh-gi (meat) buffet...the girl right next to me is Heh Young...
the one who is curious to learn more about the Bible = )
She reminds me a lot of my sister! Her personality and the way she looks!

When Sang was in Korea for a little while...that's his twin brother Trent
lol...

Hyung-Sung Brother's surprise birthday. We acted like we were going to play nook deh (literally "wolf", similar to Mafia), but everybody was the mafia/wolf except him, so he kept sleeping while we brought in the cake and snacks = P


Please continue to pray for me as I finish up my training here at ENM...To finish STRONG! And to take back everything I have learned and continue to apply it to my life! I've lived other ways, but NO OTHER WAY brings me more JOY, HAPPINESS, SATISFACTION = ) I need to remind myself that whenever I see how others live in order to pursue happiness and am tempted to join them, but in the end, all I do is regret it. Pray that I can FOLLOW THE PLAN!
= )

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Sam,
Good to hear that you're doing better now. =) It's almost time to head back to the US tho, right? When are you going to be back in MD? Hope you enjoy the rest of your time there and tell the ENM sisters I said hello!

Saturday, May 26, 2007 11:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home