Saturday, June 02, 2007


mY mentor's birthday! Wang Feng bought the cake and lunch for the lunch QT sharing time people...= )
cutting of the cake!
Campus director eating the Kiwi Icecream my mentor bought out of appreciation after receving our gifts ^^ (oh, and I never realized Korean focus on the eyes on emotions whereas American focus on the mouth!) = ) ^^ = ( ㅠㅠNetherlands vs Korea!
cPACKED!
sEATS were good = )
Korea actually did good, but still lost = P
2 to 0
u
Netherlands have a lot of SICK players! And they're really good at moving the ball around!

Gob Chang...small intestine of cattle similar to soon-dew (intestine of pig) yet MUCH tastier!
c
Celebrating my mentor's b-day at ENM
His wife's Bible study Team

He treated us to Mr. Pizza = )

My last month in Korea! Having a lot of fun while at the same time learning more and more! Also had the opportunity to go bike riding along the Han River near the 63 building (Korea's tallest building = P

Oh, and the dance went well! Wang Feng shot the video for me with my dica...can't upload it since it's 5 minutes, but maybe you can get a chance to see it later

I will be heading back to Springfield June 28th and heading back to Maryland June 19th. And I will tell the sisters you said Hello Wana!

I was told my biggest problem is trying to please people...I think I knew this long before, but if I don't get rid of that "root," it'll keep growing back! CUT IT OFF! God wants to prune us, and yes, it may hurt or feel awkward at first, but it's for our benefit...so we can produce more fruit!
If you go to a vineyard, the leaves on the vine are beautiful, but they're only for show! PRODUCE FRUIT! And it should be NATURAL! You don't go to a vineyard and hear "ehhh, ehhh, POP!" No, the grapes slowly but surely grow! Not through the hard work of the vine. And the harsher the environment for the vines, the tastier the fruit! ENDURE! It's cool how God is telling me relating topics through different people and sermons I go to ...

YWAM international as I said has been a blessing to me since I can really pour out all of my emotions and praise God...different than a lot of the traditional services I go to. Man, I love to praise!!! And even though I may not have the greatest voice, God still loves hearin

Don't be so concerned with pleasing people...but be concerned with living for your AUDIENCE OF ONE who examines our hearts.

It was nice that my mentor was telling me that he doesn't think I'll have a problem with money, girls, or school, but rather that pleasing people is going to be the thorn in my side while trying to live for God. And my Bible study this week, emphasized just that! I'm going to apply the 5 P's...

Galations 1:10 and 1 Thess. 2:4

But to be honest, I still feel that ANYTHING and everything can cause me stumble. Girls, money, my pride... the LIST GOES ON! It's a process, but if we can learn to just PRUNE our selves...CUT IT OFF! or else it'll come right back. In my case it's been my hair and 2nd looks. I have a bad habit of pulling out my hair, and I didn't do it for about 2 months, but now I'm back at it! At first I said...oh, just a little...BUT ONLY ONCE NEVER IS! And with second looks, whenever I walk around Korea, I find my eyes wandering! The past 2 days I've been more conscious about both, but it's hard if I keep stepping closer and closer to the boundary. I NEED TO RUN IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION!

I talked to my parents last night for the first time in about a month! It was nice talking to them = ) Told me how the family was doing and what they were up to.
Prayer requests:
*Parents - That they may find a good group of friends, either through Church or...
*Brother and his wife Sarah- for their health and their baby! Ex
*Brother studying for the Virigina Bar Exam...needs to read $1,000 worth of books by June 20th!
*Sister Esther as her friend visits her this weekend
*Sister Anne as she will be going to Europe to visit her boyfriend

*Dr. Lee and his wife to continue to live for God! He hasn't been able to log onto Skype so I haven't talked to him for a month! He's EXTREMELY busy...He'll be coming to Korea along with 3 Midshipmen and LCDR Crane. Pray that they will arrive safely and that we can spend quality time together!

*Wang Feng as he continues to come to ENM and continues Bible Study (EBS) with me and my mentor

*Heh Jean, as she will be attending Bible study for the first time this week! Thank the Lord She accepted Christ! Amazing considering she only spend a couple of days with the ENM sisters whereas Wang Feng still has not accepted and I meet with him almost DAILY! But it's comforting to know it's not by what I do. IT'S ALL GOD! = )

*The brothers here as they get ready for FINALS! Also for me to stay on top of my Korean class stuff...= )

* For me to finish up the rest of this month following my original goals! To send the "mist" witnessing letters to my grandparents. To PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, and to continue memorizing scripture. For our Key meeting last wednesday, we all got to choose what chapter we wanted to memorize by June 27th... I chose 2Tim 2...pray I can stay on top of it!

PRAY constantly = ) And please, if you have any prayer concerns, I can't pray about them unless you tell me! = )

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm...do you mean you'll be back to MD on July 19?
I hope you don't mind, but I sent you an email about my trip to Cambodia. I've shared my prayer requests there, so hopefully you can pray for those things.
And thanks for saying hi on my behalf!

Saturday, June 09, 2007 9:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home