I'm no longer a long haired hippie!
Yeah, after being told numerous times to cut my hair, I finally gave in! To be honest, even if I had the choice to grow out my hair again, I WOULDN'T! Nuh moo ddab ddab heh suh!
PICTURES BELOW!
Anyway, more importantly, my final (brief) self-evalution:
"*To know and reflect Christ in my daily life and to make Him known to others -- to the students at Korea University and my relatives who do not believe: My grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins"
Progress: I am slowly making progress in this...witnessing is not easy, but through prayer I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me. I have shared the Gospel to many here and still meet with the select few who I feel, through prayer and God's saving grace, will be able to lead others in the future. 2 Tim 2:2
Result: The most important thing that I learned was God’s grace. I’ve learned I need to quit comparing myself with others, quit being SO WORRIED about little things, and I need to step up my faith level! I’m glad I was able to have this year at ENM to know more about God, myself, a different culture (not only Korean, but also Chinese and Japanese through meeting those students)
"*To be disciplined in my daily activities -- Quiet Time, praise, worship, prayer, studying, memorizing Bible verses, exercising, etc, following the Bible verse Colossians 3:23 'Work at it with all of you heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.'
"Progress: Living here has definitely helped me discipline myself, but I'm still being tempted with greed in the form of money, praise, food, sleep, etc. I need to continue disciplining myself so that I listen to the Holy Spirit, instead of my fleshly desires, so that I won't be a hypocrite witnessing. 1 Cor. 9:27
Result: I realize it’s all about consistency. Doing thing little by little bit. I need to quit wanting to get results right away and instead work diligently WITHOUT losing hope! It’s a slow process, but I’m doing well with Bible memory, exercising, etc. I just need to keep it up! I want to be a good example for others!
*To start an English Praise Team in hopes of bringing a larger audience to Christ -- work on my singing and maybe even learn how to play the guitar or drumsProgress: Saturday and Sunday I donate my time to teach others English. 2 hours on Saturday I teach with 2 other Koreans dialogues and idioms. 1 hour on Sunday I lead praise in English and an English Bible study focusing on pronunciation, accent/stress, and intonation.I'm also part of the campus praise team here called "하늘소리" (Heavenly Voice) which meets every Saturday for 3 hours praising and praying.I am currently trying to learn the guitar on my own...not very successfully, but still...led praise at the KU ENM meetings
Result: I didn’t get to make an English Praise Team like I hoped, but I also got to get involved with YWAM international’s praise service on Friday’s. I’m still not very good at the guitar, but I’m to the point where I can sing praise to God using the guitar which makes me happy = )
"*To always make time for others!"To keep accountability with my other brothers"I am not my own...I'm a part of the Body of Christ so I need to help others in the areas that God has blessed me with. I am helping others get into shape by working out/playing sports with them, teaching them English, and I feel God has blessed me with a personality compatible with most people so that I can help encourage them/have fellowship with them...to be there for them when they need somebody to talk to.I have a pretty deep man to man talk once a week with my Bible Study leader, which can last for hours...how life is going, struggles, our plans to overcome, accountability on memory verses, etc. Also have accountability with my Apart Leader (this place we live at ENM is called Apart, not to be confused with Apartment, because we live apart from the desirable standards of the world...living in the world, but not living of it).
Result: I think I spent a lot more time with Wang Feng than I did keeping accountability with the other brothers, but I feel that that was okay because all the brothers are also busy helping others. I hope that I can take this back to me as I go back to the Academy. I want to be able to live a life CENTERED ON GOD, not putting him off on the side like I have before
"*To be completely fluent in Korean""Completely" may be to strong of a word, but I'm working on it. In my free time I am reading a Korean book and memorizing some words. I took a 10 week long language course but currently am not because it would take away from my training with ENM.Result:My knowledge of Korean culture and language has been quadrupled (yet I’m still just intermediate)! I’m happy that I understand a lot more of where my parents are coming from and that I can communicate better with my relatives.
**Please pray I can take back what I have learned and continue to build upon this foundation. Also, that I can "water" my Grandpa in the Gospel. I've been sending him those "mist" cards along with photos of me to show him how much I care...
At my aunt's house near Samsung Hospital in Seoul. My cousin is finishing up residency there. I look pretty good in the blue don't I? Sort of made me want to be a doctor = P
My uncle = ) He's a funny guy. He does a light workout in the morning an then he was flexing in front of me to show me his muscles = P lol He's humerous
Yeah, after being told numerous times to cut my hair, I finally gave in! To be honest, even if I had the choice to grow out my hair again, I WOULDN'T! Nuh moo ddab ddab heh suh!
PICTURES BELOW!
Anyway, more importantly, my final (brief) self-evalution:
"*To know and reflect Christ in my daily life and to make Him known to others -- to the students at Korea University and my relatives who do not believe: My grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins"
Progress: I am slowly making progress in this...witnessing is not easy, but through prayer I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me. I have shared the Gospel to many here and still meet with the select few who I feel, through prayer and God's saving grace, will be able to lead others in the future. 2 Tim 2:2
Result: The most important thing that I learned was God’s grace. I’ve learned I need to quit comparing myself with others, quit being SO WORRIED about little things, and I need to step up my faith level! I’m glad I was able to have this year at ENM to know more about God, myself, a different culture (not only Korean, but also Chinese and Japanese through meeting those students)
"*To be disciplined in my daily activities -- Quiet Time, praise, worship, prayer, studying, memorizing Bible verses, exercising, etc, following the Bible verse Colossians 3:23 'Work at it with all of you heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.'
"Progress: Living here has definitely helped me discipline myself, but I'm still being tempted with greed in the form of money, praise, food, sleep, etc. I need to continue disciplining myself so that I listen to the Holy Spirit, instead of my fleshly desires, so that I won't be a hypocrite witnessing. 1 Cor. 9:27
Result: I realize it’s all about consistency. Doing thing little by little bit. I need to quit wanting to get results right away and instead work diligently WITHOUT losing hope! It’s a slow process, but I’m doing well with Bible memory, exercising, etc. I just need to keep it up! I want to be a good example for others!
*To start an English Praise Team in hopes of bringing a larger audience to Christ -- work on my singing and maybe even learn how to play the guitar or drumsProgress: Saturday and Sunday I donate my time to teach others English. 2 hours on Saturday I teach with 2 other Koreans dialogues and idioms. 1 hour on Sunday I lead praise in English and an English Bible study focusing on pronunciation, accent/stress, and intonation.I'm also part of the campus praise team here called "하늘소리" (Heavenly Voice) which meets every Saturday for 3 hours praising and praying.I am currently trying to learn the guitar on my own...not very successfully, but still...led praise at the KU ENM meetings
Result: I didn’t get to make an English Praise Team like I hoped, but I also got to get involved with YWAM international’s praise service on Friday’s. I’m still not very good at the guitar, but I’m to the point where I can sing praise to God using the guitar which makes me happy = )
"*To always make time for others!"To keep accountability with my other brothers"I am not my own...I'm a part of the Body of Christ so I need to help others in the areas that God has blessed me with. I am helping others get into shape by working out/playing sports with them, teaching them English, and I feel God has blessed me with a personality compatible with most people so that I can help encourage them/have fellowship with them...to be there for them when they need somebody to talk to.I have a pretty deep man to man talk once a week with my Bible Study leader, which can last for hours...how life is going, struggles, our plans to overcome, accountability on memory verses, etc. Also have accountability with my Apart Leader (this place we live at ENM is called Apart, not to be confused with Apartment, because we live apart from the desirable standards of the world...living in the world, but not living of it).
Result: I think I spent a lot more time with Wang Feng than I did keeping accountability with the other brothers, but I feel that that was okay because all the brothers are also busy helping others. I hope that I can take this back to me as I go back to the Academy. I want to be able to live a life CENTERED ON GOD, not putting him off on the side like I have before
"*To be completely fluent in Korean""Completely" may be to strong of a word, but I'm working on it. In my free time I am reading a Korean book and memorizing some words. I took a 10 week long language course but currently am not because it would take away from my training with ENM.Result:My knowledge of Korean culture and language has been quadrupled (yet I’m still just intermediate)! I’m happy that I understand a lot more of where my parents are coming from and that I can communicate better with my relatives.
**Please pray I can take back what I have learned and continue to build upon this foundation. Also, that I can "water" my Grandpa in the Gospel. I've been sending him those "mist" cards along with photos of me to show him how much I care...
Yoga Instructor - This is an all female class, but the teacher made an exception for me ; )
It's because she likes my aunt = P

Last picture with Jee Soo (a.k.a. bad dog - made my cousin Jeffrey cry...also scared the wits out of my mom in July, and actually, it bit me hard enough to make me a bleed a little too...it is a bad dog! But it's cute )

Last picture with my eeh moh

In Cheonan at my mag neh eeh moh's house

Final moments before getting my hair cut off...1 year's* worth! *almost

In the barber's chair

Cousin Jeffery playing with my camera

nice, clean cut = )

MY HAIR!

Better short or long?

Playing with my cousins Jennie and Jeffrey. My cousin Grace went photo happy (used up all of my memory!)


Playing with my cousin Grace


At Kaist University in Daejon That's my uncle We're waiting to meet his son. His daughter goes to Kaist and his son is serving in the army as a driver...since every male needs to serve, it's a very sought after position so he's very fortunate
It's because she likes my aunt = P
Last picture with Jee Soo (a.k.a. bad dog - made my cousin Jeffrey cry...also scared the wits out of my mom in July, and actually, it bit me hard enough to make me a bleed a little too...it is a bad dog! But it's cute )
Last picture with my eeh moh
In Cheonan at my mag neh eeh moh's house
Final moments before getting my hair cut off...1 year's* worth! *almost
In the barber's chair
Cousin Jeffery playing with my camera
nice, clean cut = )
MY HAIR!
Better short or long?
Playing with my cousins Jennie and Jeffrey. My cousin Grace went photo happy (used up all of my memory!)
Playing with my cousin Grace
At Kaist University in Daejon That's my uncle We're waiting to meet his son. His daughter goes to Kaist and his son is serving in the army as a driver...since every male needs to serve, it's a very sought after position so he's very fortunate

1 Comments:
Sam! I love how detailed your blogs are. I hope you're having a fabulous time... and I'll be praying for you.
Oh, and I think you kind of look like John Lennon in that first picture of you with long hair. When do you come back to America?
Post a Comment
<< Home